The Haunted Me – Tuesday June 14th, 2016 – Page 30

When I first was putting together the story, the title of the project was “The Haunted Me”.  I had most of the story together, but I was really afraid the title wouldn’t be compatible with the set up or be too much of a spoiler or something.  So instead, I changed it to the cheat – name the work after the main character. This really felt like the simplest and easiest solution, so I went with it.  But after a while, the work develops itself and the title that you had to choose doesn’t really fit anymore, but you’ve already invested in the title. This happens a LOT and with pretty much all of my work. “For Love and Light” became “A Strawberry Memory” and I wanted to change this as well, “Sunflower” became “Sunflower and the Dead Sisters” (although I prefer just “Dead Sisters”). However, I think this is the first time I really think I had it right the first time around.

This is the last page of the first book in the series. Now to draw a title page …

You can read all four pages of this section here.

HAttiE – Tuesday June 14th, 2016 – Page 29

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.